Tracking the money that employees spend when incurring expenses for your business is a real key of Expenses management in an organization.
In today’s post we will discuss about the employee cash advance management feature of AX 2012.
We will start with the process of employee submitting a request for cash advance, the approver reviewing and approving it, paying the employee and then we will also see a little bit of process how the employee can return his cash advances.
Employee Submits Cash advance request in Employee self-service portal :
1. Navigate to the Manage Expenses > Cash advance request area in the Enterprise portal.
2. Click New Cash advance request and key in required details for this request. Save and close after filling in the details. Then, submit the request for approval.
Two easy to use steps for employees to submit cash advance request !!
Approver reviews the Cash advance request:
1. Approver logs into enterprise portal and finds the cash advance request assigned to him/her for review.
2. Approver opens the cash advance request and then reviews and approves it.
Just two clicks !! QUICK and Easy for the reviewer/approver.
Finance team pays to the employee after the request got approved :
1. The finance teams logs in to AX and navigates to view the approved cash advance requests.
2. One click PAY !! The finance team member/user just clicks the Pay and transfer button and AX 2012 does the rest. Employee gets PAID !! System automatically creates and posts the required financial voucher entry for this transaction based on the setups which are done.
See below the automatic financial journal created and posted in the system.
The cash advance payment cycle for the employee is completed in few simple steps.
Let us now take a quick look at how the employee can return the cash back or how an employee can expense his cash advances in AX 2012.
1. Employee logs into the Enterprise portal and navigates to expense management area and create a new expense report and clicks Other > Return cash advance.
2. System automatically shows all your reconciled cash advances. Select the one you want to expense and select the expense category and submit the expense report.
System creates the necessary financial journals after the expense report is approved and posted.
Till next time !!! Keep reading