Dynamics AX 2012 has introduced a new functionality called Collaboration workspace across the projects, Campaigns and opportunities.
Using this users can now share and collaborate all the related information together about projects, opportunities and Campaigns at one place inside AX without having the need to create and maintain separate sharepoint sites.
This is simple yet powerful feature that can be widely used by users. In this post of mine i will demonstrate how to setup and create the collaboration workspace for projects in AX 2012. Please follow the steps below.
Steps to setup Collaboration workspace in AX 2012:
- Navigate to System Administration Module > Setup > Enterprise portal > Collaboration workspace settings.
- Click New button.
- Select One of the 4 business areas. If you want to create collaboration work space for all the areas(Projects, campaigns …) select All. In our case we will select Project.
- Notice that after selecting the business area, the work space home page and template gets filled in automatically.
- The template is the default template for the site layout and the user creates and links the collaboration workspace for a project. You can select one from the look up depending on your need.
- There are other additional options for the user such as Creating the workspace automatically for selected project types, prompting for creation of work space for projects etc. These can be accomplished by marking the required check boxes.
- Now, navigate to Project management and accounting > All projects.
- Select the project you want to create collaboration workspace for.